Sunday 21 May 2017

CANDLELIGHT for AJJ

Hello

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
It looks like being a hot day here today so I'm off out to do some gardening etc before it gets too hot.

But first...todays page for 'Elegance and Grunge' at AJJ


 I started off with a piece of yellow A4 card but it was soon covered with brown paint.
The candles were from the front of a local free magazine - so I cut them out, stuck them down and painted around them and the rest of the area with brown acrylic paint. I then found some decoupage scraps of flowers and the hand, stuck them down and added some iridescent glitter glue to the flowers, lace cuff and her ring. I printed the quote out and added some Neocolor 2s around the edge. Finished off around edges of the page with some Pebeo Dyna paints and odd splodges of glitter glue.
thanks for stopping by
and hope you have a great day
Gill x

7 comments:

  1. Lovely journal page, very effective with the candles, flowers and the elegant hand. Enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought all the elements together to a masterpiece! I love it !
    You are happy to have a sunny Sunday again - we have coldness again since yesterday - even rain today..brr.
    Enjoy your nice weather!
    A wonderful piece to your great theme Gill!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so romantic and beautiful!! The colors, the light of the candles, the flowers and the wonderful hand - all the details complete that fantastic piece! I especially like the glitter (glue)!
    Wish you a nice evening!
    Rike x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool. Very elegant. And a clever idea. A nice clean hand. Obviously isn't someone who likes to do art. LOL. Stay cool and hope you got your gardening done. Hugs erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful and my kind of art. Recycled art from a free magazine and lots of beauty and elegance. I really LOVE it. I was surprised the glitter showed up so well. I noticed it even before you mentioned it. It all adds up to a genuine beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh beautiful Gill, those candles really glow with such a beautiful light
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.