Tuesday 4 June 2013

Surprise again

 
 
Good morning - it's lovely and sunny here today hoping its the same wherever you are too....
 
I always find making mens card so difficult. This one was for my husbands birthday on the 3rd -
he said not to bother making one but since he does all the cooking and never moans about all my crafting stash I buy - it was the least I could do LOL
 
 
 

 
I started by cutting up a sheet of patterned paper from a collection called 'Sucerie' but have no idea from the box who it is made by...I think possibly from a code on it that it could be by Brenda Pinnock (apologies if not).
I cut the paper into 8 different sized squares to fit on my blank card and then stamped on them.
 

 
 
Stamps used: message stamp in circle by Paula Pascual, Keys by Prima, Hinge from an Anna Griffin set....also used 'Antiques' by Andy Skinner, 'Vintage Illusion' by Creative Stamps and 'Bird Print' from urban collection by Papermania.
Put some foam pads on one end of hinge and some little to gems to accent it.
Used glue pen and gold foil to highlight parts and X-cut large rectangle parenthesis die and flowers nesties to layer the message on to.
 
  
Here are some more digital layouts made with the new kit from Algera Designs 
The digi-kit is called 'Surprise' and I made the layouts using Serif Craft Artist as its so easy to use
and so easy to alter colours of things and do all sorts of other effects and blending of papers.
papers blended and some elements colours altered using Serif Craft Artist software
 


I recoloured the flowers, heart, swirl and bow to match the band of colour on the hat
Lots of recolouring here - but it was so easy to do with the software


 




Thanks so much for stopping by and looking x
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Gill
    That's a great Birthday Card and I am sure he would have been a little upset if you had not made him one. I love stamping on already printed papers and I am loving the stamps you used.
    Now for your pages, where do I start they are amazing, so much so I can't even pick a favourite.
    The green and lilac one with the lady wearing the hat is fantastic and the one with then lady and the dog is wonderful.
    You have such a fantastic talent with digi crafting.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous card, I love the colours and the stamped panels are so effective,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy Gibby and what beautiful makes all of them.

    The card for your husband is terrific with the bright colours and fun images

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, we dropped by to say thank you so much for the wonderful ATCs we received from you. We love them. Horace is modelling them on the blog today.

    We really love your birthday card, so much detail and fab for a man card. Great LOs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Great card - looks fab x
    Gorgeous layouts and Ideas, its fab to see what can be created using the kit :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.