Friday 30 December 2016

Hope..... and a New Year Greeting

I probably should have finished writing this post before going off to have lunch and a bottle of wine.... (well only half, cause Dave had the other half of course!)  so I do apologise for any spelling errors and any slurred speech... :) 
This is my last digital piece this year for AJJ and Valeries wonderful theme light and darkness  
and the sentiment is quite appropriate for the New Year too.
 

For the last few days I've been thinking about 2017 and what I'd like to achieve.
I never remember most of any resolutions I've made at the beginning of a year, at the end of a year anyway, so don't usually know if I kept them. But next year ... I'm not going to say I will do blah blah .... but say I will try harder at any aims...
and maybe keep a better note of them and how they are doing ... time will only tell how that goes.....

 
Being better organised next year is certainly one thing I would like to be better at...
I've started going through my digital files of art and digital elements I have created over the last few years to make them into digi kits/themed files. I confess I got side-tracked yesterday and made this car to go with the other Steampunk pieces I had made some time ago.
 
So good bye for now ...
Thank you for your visits and comments during this year
which I have really appreciated.
Wishing you all the very best for the New Year
Gill x

18 comments:

  1. WOW! ALL three are just beautiful art pieces! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the AJJ page!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art and great quotes as always. I think being happy and healthy is more important than keeping resolutions.... Thanks for all your support for AJJ this year. Have a GREAT 2017, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your three wonderful pieces and say thank you for all the support you gave to Art Journal Journey in 2016!
    I do not make any resolutions - let the year be a good one - at least as good as this one!
    Best for you and Dave - wish you the best possible start to 2017 Gill!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Darkness to Light collage dear Gill!
    So uplifting and beautiful.
    Your other creations are oh so very special too.
    Sounds like you had a nice lunch ;-)
    Here's wishing you a wonderful new year full of all the things you hold dear!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gill this was a lovely post to read, the art pages with their wonderful quotes are fantastic.
    I don't make resolutions, that way I won't be sorry that I failed to keep them.
    Very best wishes for the coming year, I hope it will be a good one for you and your family.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All wonderful pieces of digital art. I just love to see what you do and it has been terrific to get to know you in 2016.

    Wishing you a great 2017

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gill,
    thanks for your wonderful collages!
    I like all of them but the first one
    ist very special - it made me wishing
    to be able to do something like this.
    It's really great.
    Best wishes for you and Dave
    come good into the next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Beo..
      the first piece is all digital - the software makes it easy to do.
      Happy New Year to you xx

      Delete
  8. All 3 pieces are gorgeous, your Light and Darkness piece is lovely and the sentiment is so beautiful! As always I'm in awe of your steampunk piece - there is so much detail with the zip, dials, mesh and other materials - I love it! It's the perfect creative start to 2017! Happy New Year, may 2017 bring you everything you are wishing for! J :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo :) and wishing the same for you too xx

      Delete
  9. Beautiful art! I particularly love the steam punk automobile! I keep trying to be more organised too! I will make a list...and keep my fingers crossed! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June..good luck with the organisation :)
      Happy New Year to you xx

      Delete
  10. Three fantastic pieces, really great.
    The first is fabulous with a great story (and would also have fitted perfectly to today's AJJ theme). The lady is surrounded by mysterious water swirls and I love the castle, very atmospheric, it's both a romance and a thriller.
    The car piece is in total contrast - very modern, even with an older car, and I love all the ingredients you've collected and arranged in it.
    The last piece is just lovely and inspiring.
    I also very much like the fonts you've used, each of the three different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow I missed this. I hope it's not too late to wish you a very lovely and artful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somehow I missed this post. I'm glad I found it- there is some wonderful art here. I love your steampunk car Gill. Its really cool. Hope the new year is going well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three wonderful pieces! But this is the best car I have ever seen - the zip is gorgeous!
    I do not make resolutions for the coming year, I know me :)
    I wish you a very Happy New Year!
    And I am looking forward to your next pieces!
    Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments Rike,
      and especially about the car.
      Happy New Year... Gill xx

      Delete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.