Sunday 5 March 2017

Out and about again

Hello ... hope you had a good week and enjoying your weekend :)

I think I'd lost my mojo lately doing real journal pages (proper painty messy ones instead of digital ones) but then one morning last week while having the first cup of tea in bed watching youtube videos, a new upload popped up and inspired me to want to make a page.
The video and inspiration was thanks to the fabulous Susi aka froebelsternchen and while watching, it suddenly occurred to me what my main problem was - I  am gesso lazy -  err? I put off using gesso - but why? -  probably because of lack of space to leave things to dry.. (probably another reason I had put off using the Gelli plate in the past) well ok Gill, get that sorted and then you have no excuses!  So I did and then I went mad for the last two days gessoing lots of pages :)

So this was the page I made and I'm linking to AJJ 'out and about' theme for March hosted by the lovely Yvonne from Meggy's Way


 
The page has my old school dictionary pages on it - yes I used gesso of course! - drew flowers on patterned paper and cut out.. and created a sheet of various words for future use on my pc then printed/cut and stuck down with glue stick. Colour is acrylic on back ground and stems/leaves Stabillo all and Inktense pencils.
 
It's Sunday and you can probably guess the weather - yep grey - raining on and off and now the wind picking up, so I'm going to have a lazy play day Sunday - no gessoing today - just fun!.
 
Have a lovely day
and thanks so much for stopping by
Gill x
 


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Gill, glad you felt inspired, and your page is really gorgeous. Have a fun Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning page Gill and yes the lovely Susi is so inspiring isn't she ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful page Gill and so good that our dear friend Susi inspired you with one of her great videos

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gill you made me happy !
    Your page is so beautiful and you did a fantastic job to gesso all the pages beforehand- now that is so easy for you do let inspiration go !
    Thank you for the wonderful page and the shout out for Art Journal JOureny!
    I feel honored!
    Happy new week ahead!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a gorgeous page Gill, I think Susi inspires us all. I love the flowers you made from the patterned paper, its a reall happy page for AJJ.
    It was sunny but cold here, spring to look at out of the window, but felt like winter outside
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created such a beautiful page! Gesso is always my best friend too :-). Wishing you a great week! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too. I can't wait for spring. This is a cheery page for sure and I, like you, tend to get gesso lazy too sometimes. :) Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent page for AJJ Out and About. LOVE the happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some of the most colorful and unique flowers I have ever seen. I love everything about this page. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, what Elizabeth said is just right. Can I say it again?
    First cup of tea in bed and watching Youtube videos - are we allowed to do that? - guess what I'll be doing tomorrow morning!
    You've inspired me to use gesso and make a journal page with patterned paper. And yes, Susi is a wonderful inspiration.
    Your page is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful inspiration! I love spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful flower page. I am also waiting for the next garden season to stay more time outside. We have rain and it is cold but the garden startet with first flowers and the grass becomes greener every day.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to say the same what Sheila said!
    And I love your fresh warm spring colors on your page, the clever textured background and all the lovely details!
    Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely bright spring page Gill love the colours..xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gesso is one of my favorite ingredients, but I understand about the waiting for it to dry part.
    You used it brilliantly here.
    Your spring garden page is so pretty Gill!
    Oxo

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.